The Submersibles & Sensors market segment is anticipating the need for a highly skilled Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Marion, MA. This role would support future new development work anticipated in Q1 of 2019 on US Navy programs.
The candidate will work as part of a SW Development team under direction from a SW Lead. Efforts will include development of embedded software applications that typically relate to image processing, object detection and tracking, guidance/ navigation/ control algorithms, system control, built-in test, system communication. Efforts may also include development of operator interfaces/GUIs.
The candidate would develop, maintain, and enhance software based upon documented requirements and should be capable of working individually, collaboratively with other developers, and as part of a larger team. Responsible for creating and maintaining preliminary and detailed level software design products. Develops, reviews and tests software components for adherence to the requirements and documents test results. Documents and resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides inputs to system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS)/Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in place of new development.
* Prior experience with the development of embedded software using high level programming languages (C, C++,C#)
* Prior experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (e.g. VxWorks, QNX, Windows Embedded)
* Prior experience with source control SW (e.g. Git, Subversion, ClearCase)
* Experience in or familiarity with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, coding, unit test, integration, and verification
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and present technical scope within a team and to program leadership
* Ability to travel to support customer meetings and onsite integration (CONUS/OCONUS)