The Data Edge group at Splunk is responsible for building high throughput, reliable and secured data transmission interfaces with leading cloud service providers, networking and security products, and enterprise products from leading software engineering companies. We're a group of friendly, fun-loving and emotionally adept polyglots. We care a lot about work life balance because we believe that it drives creativity and innovation. We also work hard to lift each other up.We are growing all our teams. As part of this group, you will have the opportunity to design and build APIs that deal with different application/system layers down to network and Kernel levels. You will also have opportunities to learn and work with some cool technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and leading cloud platforms. Additionally, you'll have the autonomy and opportunity to work with a fun bunch of top-notch software engineers in the industry. We're actively contributing to open source projects. We have also launched several open source projects. This will allow you to influence the open source community. If you want to have fun while building some great technology products alongside great people, we invite you to apply to this role.Responsibilities:
* You will design and build APIs to collect and process system, application, network, and OS level events.
* You'll write highly performant and scalable code in one or more of Java, C++, Python, and Golang.
* Automate the diagnosis of performance and scalability issues.
* Evolve, refactor and maintain large code base.
* You'll apply your creativity to improve the API design for current and upcoming needs.
* Write the tooling and generate code to make your own and other people's job easier.
* Design and implement the optimal test strategy for our services.
* Take ownership and initiative to address issues promptly for our internal and external developers.
* If you enjoy mentoring then you'll get to mentor other engineers and constantly raise the bar on engineering best practices across the team and engineering organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience building scalable applications/APIs.
* Experience developing cross-platform integrations.
* Good understanding of OS and networking internals.
* Experience on streaming/analytics platforms e.g. Kafka, Flink.
* Have contributed or active with the open source community.
* Experience working with popular cloud services; AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
* Experience with code sustenance and ability to balance priorities.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a technical Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.