Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called "Cognoids," take their work seriously, but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
The team develops configuration, and calibration software to ensure the fastest time to market and the quality of manufactured products before their shipment to Cognex customers.
This person will design and develop software using C# to control automated electro-mechanical equipment used throughout the manufacturing process to verify, calibrate, and configure our products.
They will determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. This person will partner with program management and manufacturing engineering teams to create test plans, specifications, and formal reviews.
* Programming in C# to calibrate and configure products during manufacturing.
* Develop the integration between test and ERP systems, including automating the evaluation of log files.
* Develops software utilities and tools in support of infrastructure and technology platforms.
* Troubleshoot and debug related software programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proficiency in object-oriented programming is required; ideally C# or alternatively C++ or Java.
* Working knowledge of integrated development environments such as Microsoft Visual Studio and other software development tools.
* Knowledge or experience with version controls systems like Git, CVS, Mercurial or ClearCase.
* Capability of multitasking in a dynamic engineering and production environment.
* Ability to document requirements and specifications.
* Familiarity with software development methodology, design patterns, and automated build & release processes is a plus.
* Knowledge of unit testing, common unit test frameworks, and test-driven development for functional software verification is a plus.
Minimum education and work experience required:
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similarly knowledgeable through work experience.
* 3-5 years of experience
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.