Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team lighting up actionable insights to help the organization make business decisions and improve customer experience? Do you want to be at the forefront of driving company-wide impact using Big Data?
The Modern Insights team in Commercial Sales & Marketing (ComSME) org is transforming how Microsoft's sellers, marketers and partners execute the Sales and Marketing strategies and make data-driven decisions to optimize the efficiencies, thus directly influencing Microsoft's Sales revenue.
This team builds and operates extensive data solutions and insights for various Seller and Marketing personas by connecting data across different subject areas, thus enabling visibility and insights into our customer journeys from demand generation to revenue realization. With strong, trusted partnerships across the company, this team provides foundational and operational support for our businesses partners that were never possible before.
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
* Experience in database technology.
* Experience building business intelligence solutions (Data Warehouse, Data Lake, ETL, OLAP Databases, Reports, PowerBI).
* 5+ years relevant software development experience.
* Bachelors or equivalent work experience.
Preferred, not required:
* SQL Server, SSIS, solid understanding of SSAS/Tabular and n-dimensional cubes.
* Experience with Azure big data platform including Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL and Azure Databricks.
* UI development experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop software, solutions and platforms that meet business requirements, ensure that your work complies with our team's engineering standards, architectural roadmap and meets our delivery milestones and SLAs.
* Practice iterative software development and SCRUM life cycles.
* Identifying pain points of our users and levers that will help us move key metrics and help set the strategy and roadmap of our data infrastructure.
* DevOps, including CI/CD and publishing your code, communicate work, status and metrics as needed, ensure timely resolution of urgent operational, service that require engineering support.
* Solve highly unstructured business problems and Influence overall solution approach across the team and with stakeholders.
* Partner with our extended team of PMs, service engineers, support delivery managers, operation professionals and engineers to ensure reporting requirements, delivery plans, engineering execution, risks and issues and support scenarios are well-understood and communicated.
* Become a SME on multiple business processes and how related solutions are expressed in our services and technology and mentor other engineers.
* Develop self-serve visualizations, dashboards and scorecards to enable visibility into key business and operational metrics for our leadership and product teams.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.