At Edmunds we're driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60's, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry's first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
Please note that this will be a part time role through December 2019 with the possibility of joining full time in January 2020. Ideal for December grads!
What You're Applying For:
You + Open Source Technologies + Data Explosion
Help us manage the data explosion dilemma! You will be joining a strong, determined and results-oriented Data Engineering team that is transforming Edmunds from IT to Data-driven. You will get hands-on experience solving complex data problems using Big Data frameworks and methodologies. You'll be helping the company make sense of the torrent of data it receives, empowering analytics on existing products as well as providing insights on potential new opportunities for growth.
What You'll Do:
* Learn patterns and best practices for developing software that deals with Big Data.
* Help devise scalable, maintainable and reliable pipelines that process very large quantities of structured and unstructured data.
* Build streaming data pipelines that enable the business to adapt in real-time.
* Work with analysts and business owners to understand their needs and translate them into production code.
* Develop monitoring and alerting capabilities for production workloads.
* Enable machine learning workflows that deliver key insights.
(Want to know an example of a typical problem you could be facing? Answer: architecting a real-time and self-supporting solution to a complex data flow and data processing pipeline)
What You Need:
* Enrollment in a BS or MS degree program in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent experience
* Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
* Desire to learn new technologies.
* Any experience with Java, Scala, SQL, Spark, Airflow, or Maven would be a plus.
* Understanding of software engineering best practices, object oriented analysis & design, and design patterns & algorithms
Now the big question - why would you want this job? - here's why:
* Edmunds is all about being at the forefront of technology and Data Engineering is a new and rapidly evolving specialty. Needless to say, you'll be solving novel problems and working with cutting edge technologies
* You'll get to work with our remarkably talented staff and rich systems
* You'll have a very tangible impact on the company and the whole car buying process (think big!!)
* Lastly we are 'just right' sized - not too small to lack top notch resources and not too large to become part of the corporate grind.
Working @ Edmunds:
Employees think it's a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you're interested in learning more and joining our mission, we'd love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.
Edmunds is an online resource for automotive information.