The Software Support Manager (SDSM) is responsible for leading the team assigned to perform Systems' Administration and Support of Mouser's Enterprise Applications. The SDSM will provide support and incident management oversight for the mission critical applications under the responsibility of the IS Software Development team.
The SDSM will also be responsible for growing and championing the adoption of DevOps functions (including but not limited to CI/CD, process automation, packaging and artifact management, monitoring, etc.) within the Software Development team to fit Mouser's specific needs, culture, and environment. Then incumbent will be required to collaborate with other IT Operational and Security teams to help develop an agile and reliable software deployment infrastructure. The SDSM will also lead the deployment and support of the software managed by the Software Development Team, as well as driving Software Configuration Management, Version Control Standards/Processes/Practices, and Continuous Integration.
This position emphasizes integrity, problem solving, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
Manage a team of IT professionals including hiring, team building, goal setting, performance management, and mentoring. Successfully motivate and empower staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities.
Direct the execution of support activities for Mouser's enterprise applications.
Define, direct and mature Incident Management, Application Support and Software Configuration Management processes.
Be responsible for all the successful deployment of all software developed by the Software Development team.
Drive automation of the software development process including: unit testing, standards checking (linting), documentation generation (Doxygen, Sphinx, JavaDocs, etc.) and test coverage, as part of continuous integration.
Create, implement, and maintain Service Level Agreements for Application Support and Incident Management. Maintain and publish metrics and KPIs related to the team's goals.
Manage end-user expectations in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and corporate IT standards and policies; ensure response time commitments and resolution time objectives are met.
Prioritize and schedule incident and problem resolution tasks. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician and management.
Perform post-resolution reviews and identify, and implement improvements to IT Service performance and user support objectives.
Perform hands-on technical support duties as required.
Coordinate preventative maintenance, including software patching and testing.
Develop and implement standards and best practices.
Develop and execute training plans for new and existing staff to maintain relevance, career development and advancement. Develop, mentor and grow a global team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
At least two years of supervisory experience over a Software/Helpdesk Support Team of at least three employees.
At least five years of Software/Helpdesk experience required.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
* Ability to coordinate resolution to IT incidents and the ability to communicate business impact in a concise and clear manner.
* Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
* Demonstrable experience in Version Control Systems such as: Git, Subversion, PVCS, Perforce, RCS, TFS.
* Scripting skills in Python (preferred), Perl, or other scripting languages.
* Clear understanding of DevOps functions.
* Experience in continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
* Customer-centric attitude.
* Strong trouble-shooting skills.
* Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and product knowledge.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
* Understanding of operating systems (Linux and UNIX).
* Understanding of application server technologies (e.g. jBoss, Pyramid, etc.).
* Experience with SQL and no-SQL databases such as MongoDB.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.