The Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory seeks a well-prepared software development specialist who will be developing, testing, and running machine learning codes for scientific data sets on HPC systems. This work will include development of scalable convolutional networks for images, LSTMs for time series, and Generative modeling with flexibility on the class of methods pursued based on scientific applications in high energy physics, high performance computing, weather modeling, urban planning, and critical infrastructure analysis.
* RD1 Requirement: Bachelor's and 0 years, Master's and 0 years, or equivalent.
* RD2 Requirement: Bachelor's and 5+ years; Master's and 3+ years; Doctorate and 0 years, or equivalent.
* Significant working knowledge of Python and/or R is desired, as is familiarity with parallel programming using MPI and OpenMP.
* Experience with Spark, scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch, or Chainer.
* Software development practices and techniques for computational and data-intensive science problems.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.