Are you a leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and foster innovation? Can you attract and grow the engineering talent needed for those kinds of challenges? Are you skilled at managing complex projects that require interacting with multiple stakeholders while staying close to the detail?
The Network Platform and Link Engineering team responsible for the availability and lifecycle Management of AWS Networking platform and links. We develop the Platform Software, Tools, Applications, Telemetry service for our Networking platform and links. We are also responsible for the acquisition, processing of vast amounts of Networking Telemetry data from Amazon's global network and analyze them for failure analysis, future improvement and business intelligence.
The successful candidate is expected to be a technical manager who can deliver through a high performing Engineering team and who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development, deployment. operational life cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
How do we operate in our team?
We empower our leaders to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. In AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with a smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about how software is changing the landscape of networking. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events.
Why would you want to work on AWS Networking?
* We are making history!
* We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
* Because we own both the network and the devices, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
* Very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
What will you be doing here?
* Work backwards from customer needs, build and track business metrics by which the team works to improve customer impact
* Plan, develop, deploy and maintain networking platform, deployment, operation tools and lifecycle management software for highly scaled networks
* Recruit, coach and mentor senior and junior software engineers
* Work with management, customers and adjacent development teams to build state of the art solutions, incorporate new technologies, and algorithms
* Set quality standards, build mechanisms and processes for team efficiency, continuously inventing and simplifying
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.