With over 90 million users, 80 million reviews, and 2.3 billion books, Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Loved by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine, share ratings and recommendations, track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where more than 220,000 authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon, Inc.
Goodreads is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead our Engineering Foundation team in San Francisco. This team focuses on security, performance, data, infrastructure, and developer happiness. Foundation tackles some of the toughest crosscutting engineering problems across Goodreads, often working with other teams and improving the core of our technology. The team is heavily backend focused, with an emphasis in high scalability services and large datasets.
In this role you will:
* Provide guidance to senior leadership on Goodreads' long-term roadmap.
* Provide technical guidance to your team and in turn coach your team to provide guidance to other engineering groups at Goodreads.
* Hire for, mentor and develop your engineering team, providing performance feedback, evaluation, and coaching.
* Define estimations, plans, and milestones for your teams' projects, track progress and provide updates on a regular basis.
* Work with teams across Goodreads and Amazon to ship amazing world-class products to millions of users
* Coach your team to think about projects from the customer's perspective and drive high standards for excellence inside and outside your team.
* Refine your teams' processes to streamline delivery to Goodreads customers.
* Participate in architecture reviews for your team and others.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.