Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The Alexa Data Services team (ADS) is part of Amazon's Alexa/AI Platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo product.
Software Engineering Manager is a role to build world class software systems for Alexa/AI teams.
The Software Engineering Manager - ADS Technology is accountable for the building software systems for Alexa/AI. With software development engineering and technical program managers as direct reports this role enables creation of world class software systems for the ADS teams worldwide. Other than delivery of solutions this role is responsible for the performance management, goal setting and career development of their line reports. S(he) should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. S(he) will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. S(he) will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. S(he) should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their leadership and technical abilities.
Summary of Responsibilities
* You will be responsible for complete development life cycle of the systems. Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle.
* You will manage project plans execution in-line with timelines and delivery commitments.
* You will manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
* You will report on development status, operations and performance to senior management.
* You will also own development and operational support plans.
* You will interface with a diverse set of customers (Program Managers, business stakeholders, and Senior Management) on business objectives, prioritizing projects and feature sets, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions.
* Facilitate rapid delivery on concepts through prototypes presented for feedback.
* You will lead design reviews for Engineers on the team and offer feedback on design, integration, performance and scalability issues.
* Serve as an authority in the area of technical and domain expertise and mentor, develop engineers on the team.
* Build collaborative relationships with leaders in other departments.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.