Do you enjoy your favorite websites, movie streaming services and mobile app working all the time without you ever worrying about how the underlying systems that serve you the content do that quickly and reliably, seem to magically work without exhibiting capacity limits, are resilient to hardware failures, and survive even state-wide natural disasters? If the answer is yes, and the question spikes your interest, then read on.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable DNS-based naming and routing service offered by Amazon Web Services. We enable high availability for most AWS services via intelligent routing either directly or indirectly. Our service powers most of Amazon retail operations and significant portion of the Internet.
We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we are expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services.
We are looking for a leader to take our routing team to the next level. As a leader for the team you will be responsible for significant improvements the service, making tough prioritization decisions, iterating and innovating, and thinking through distributed systems problems.
You need to be technically deep, be able to communicate clearly, and have the ability to build a strong team that deliver results. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality services.
* Direct management of the software engineering team
* Strategic planning and execution to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee
* Acting as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration lifecycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations
As a trusted leader you will:
* Work with product managers to refine customer requirements
* Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
* Set clear and measurable goals for the team and team members
* Mentor and promote your team members
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.