What you'll be doing...
Our customers have high expectations for our Network Systems platforms - speed, responsiveness and constant availability. That's where you come in. You will guide team members to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other engineering teams and our vendors drive better architecture and solutions.
* Work closely with architecture team, lead development teams and testing teams along with network operations and vendors to deliver projects on time.
* Design and develop systems to support many teams like surveillance teams, network field operations etc.
* Work with onshore and offshore development teams and provide technical leadership.
* Work with QA team and production support team to ensure the system operating at premium condition.
* Monitor key metrics and system health and quickly identifying and resolving problems.
* Liaise within the teams and guide the department on how systems and data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and Information Systems, as well as provide technology stacks and frameworks for any applications using or processing that data.
* Constantly monitor emerging trends and technology related to information creation and drive pilots of such technologies when/where appropriate.
* Define the process for our DevOps Toolchain integrations between products.
* Frequently hold Code Reviews with the team to provide insight on architecture and proper design implementation.
* Guide the team in following industry standards in the Agile Development process. For each Sprint or timebox, deliver (minimally viable Code) that reflects all of the functional requirements/User Stories designated for that Sprint or timebox as well as all functions existing in the Code previously (i.e. no regression). The requirements for this project are in the form of "User Stories".
* Provide ability to release code in an Agile SCRUM philosophy focusing on CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment) principals.
What we're looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Understanding and creating continual improvements to the digital value chain is something you thrive on. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same. People count on you to have strong domain experience in network systems application tools, and all aspects of production.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of the following technologies: Advanced Java, J2EE, JMS, Micro services, Spring Boot, RESTfulAPIs, xml/Json, Web development, relational database.
* Experience with the following tool set: Maven, GIT, NETBEAN/ECLIPS, Jenkins, JIRA, DevOps tools.
* Experience with practicing agile development methodology.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Hands on development and coding.
* Ten or more years of experience and a lead role in developing a large scale industrial system, with a proven record to solving complex problems.
* A master of algorithms and mathematical and object modelling.
* Experience with network technologies and protocols such as Carrier Ethernet, SONET and DWDM.
* Experience with NoSQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra.
* Proficiency using Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams.
* Solid understanding of working with Spring Boot.
* Experience deploying micro services using Spring Cloud or Kubernetes.
* Experience with Software defined network, Open Flow and Open Daylight.
* Experience of interfacing with switches and routers using SNMP, TL1 and CLI.
* Demonstrated excellent communication skills, a team player.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.