Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we are growing every year.
The Prime Video Client API team build services and tools used by over 15 internal teams, who rely on them to deliver features across the Prime Video client applications. We operate at scale, handling over 15 Billion requests per month and 6,500 transactions per second globally. The millions of people across the world who use Prime Video every day, have a fast and error free experience because of the high-quality tools and service we maintain.
This role will provide you with autonomy and ownership of difficult problems. You will become known across the Prime Video organization and have the opportunity to impact the way engineers work, gaining their respect and admiration for the help you have provided. You will have the option and support to continually grow your scope and develop your technical skills. The team and it's ideas are self-driven, so you will be able to help define and prioritize the projects we work on.
We are looking for engineers who work to empower others, are customer driven, and embrace a high level of operational excellence.The ideal person has most or all of the following abilities:
* You are able to identify tasks that you can build a tool to automate, so you can take on more challenging problems.
* You communicate effectively with local and remote teams, verbally and in writing.
* You are proactive in investigating and solving problems, and don't wait for permission.
* You can quickly build your understanding of the system, interconnections and responsibilities, as you solve issues and implement features.
* You can take high-level requirements or problem statement and code a solution that coves not just what was defined but any additional problems you find along the way.
* You are able to identify when to seek guidance and feedback from others to help you with the difficult or new aspects of a project.
* You look for ways to improve and optimize the inner working of code, obsess over the metrics and key performance indicators
* You are comfortable investigating design approaches, prototyping technology and evaluating technical feasibility, on your own and with other team members.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.