Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Would you like to take your full stack engineering skills and help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines by building creative and ground-breaking software frameworks? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to create new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to fill a position in Amgen's newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on working directly on inventing, developing and extending the internally developed DevSecOps framework to meet Amgen's software development needs as well as our DataOps needs for AI and ML data scientists. Our frameworks are built using opensource and AWS services. Our frameworks run custom code development, DataOps, as well as test and deploy Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications into Amgen's cloud environment. We are currently extending our capabilities to integrate serverless and microservices CI/CD pipelines with AWS.
* Own elements of the pipeline and add, refactor, and improve capabilities across our cloud security architecture and our continuous CI/CD pipeline
* Participate in efforts to design, build, and develop rapid Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions and services. Quickly and iteratively prove or disprove the concepts being considered.
* Work with some of our scientific and client teams to build services that are scalable, performant, reliable, and secure.
* Work to improve and extend the serverless pipeline, delivering better CI/CD for new applications using a growing array of services from AWS. Be part of moving the team towards a stronger microservices architecture.
* Be an integral member of the core DevOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally.
Master's degree and 3 years of related experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience
Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience
High School / GED and 12 years of directly related experience
* BS or MS in computer science or related field
* 3+ years of experience as a full stack software development engineer shipping successful commercial products and/or services to customers using a SDLC process from start to finish
* Proficiency in data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, and software design patterns
* Knowledge and experience using containers (Docker) and Kubernetes
* Willing and able to learn a new technology and mentor other engineers
* Leadership and communication skills to work with client partners in articulating the vision of automation, DevSecOps, and DataOps.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.#LI-SF5
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Amgen (formerly known as Applied Molecular Genetics) is a biotech company discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering human therapeutics products.