Do you want to transform the way people interact with their Alexa devices? Come join the team that builds Alexa Communications across devices. Imagine telling a device to call a friend or family member, and hearing their voice or seeing their face without picking up a phone, pressing a button, or opening a laptop. Imagine a device that can potentially save a life because someone who can't move can ask it to call a friend to help. Now imagine building that technology.
On the Alexa Communications team, you'll have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, implementation, and quality of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and leadership-oriented mid-level Software Development Engineer (SDE), to help define and implement both the strategy and the architecture for how we build and validate our products. In this highly visible and impactful role, you'll be responsible for building back-end tools and infrastructure for delivering quality solutions to device partners, both internal and external. As such, strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners), and the ability to learn new concepts quickly are absolute requirements. You'll work directly with Product Management, Development teams, and Designers to ensure that Alexa customers will enjoy the best possible experience for Alexa calling, messaging, and announcements on any supported device. You'll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture - we move fast to deliver new great features and devices for customers, and we have a ton of fun doing it.
The ideal SDE-2 (L5) candidate for this role is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. You'll get to play with all the cool new toys first, long before the public sees them. You'll learn highly in-demand skills like building and testing voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. Creating the reliable, scalable, and high performance products that we're building requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and (ideally), practical experience working with devices and cloud-based distributed systems.
* Develop and drive planning, strategy, and integration of back-end systems for automated Calling, Messaging, and device testing. Work closely with library and automation framework developers, related partner teams within Amazon, third party external partners, and the immediate QA team to both insure delivery of automated testing solutions and to contribute to Continuous Integration and Delivery efforts.
* Ongoing development and refinement of tools and systems for device certification for compatibility with Comms calling and messaging. Includes development and improvement of Quality Metrics measurement tools to analyze and improve the overall quality of the Comms experience.
* Work with the automation framework team to create and and maintain an automated test infrastructure and automation test harness for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of product operation. Infrastructure to be delivered to external as well as internal customers.
* Analyze automated test run results to identify areas where tools and overall infrastructure ability can be improved. Develop metrics, analytics, and reports to assess both infrastructure and product stability for launch readiness.
* Integrate with existing infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
* Establish processes and tool sets to maintain test automation reliability and generate regular reports, contributing ongoing streamlined data to engineering dashboards.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.