Are you interested in building a new service for AWS customers? The Automated Reasoning Group in AWS Platform is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) with experience in building secure, scalable solutions that delight customers. As a foundational member of the team, you will be responsible for driving the team's long-term vision and architecture, drive/shape roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. You will own major deliverables end-to-end and influence the design and development of the core software of a new product.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on AWS. They harness the power of the cloud to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. Using automated reasoning technology and mathematical proofs, AWS allows customers to answer questions about security, availability, durability, and functional correctness. We call this provable security, absolute assurance in security of the cloud and in the cloud. https://aws.amazon.com/security/provable-security/
The ideal candidate will have extensive design and architecture experience, knowledge of AWS technologies and services, and a proven track record of building mission critical, highly scalable systems. In addition to strong technical knowledge, you will be someone who thrives in a fast paced start up-like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
As a Senior SDE on the team, you will:
* Define and drive technology decisions required to fulfill a multi-year vision for this AWS service.
* Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
* Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams.
* Lead, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
* Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
* Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
* Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with team, leadership chain, and with customers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.