* Write and review clean, thoughtful and well-documented code
* Maintain a high degree of test coverage via unit, integration and acceptance testing
* Collaborate with our design and product teams to build delightful customer experiences
* Help make and articulate technical decisions
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Node.js experience, or a desire to learn
* Expertise building UI features that integrate with a RESTful API
* Strong communication and problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
* Experience codifying infrastructure with tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
* Experience building and monitoring AWS PaaS and FaaS applications
* Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
* Training in security or authentication best practices
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.