Purpose of JobSoftware Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an intermediate-level position. Incumbents acquire and apply maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and or processes and may participate in all phases of software development lifecycle. SDI IIs work with limited guidance on moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution
* With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity.
* With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
* Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing
* Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
* Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
* Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
* Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages.
* May begin to identify issues that impact availability.
* Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 2 or more years of development experience specific to I/T discipline/technology(s)
* Recent USAA IT experience
* DevOps experience
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Strong Java development experience
* Experience with Test Driven Development
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.