This position is responsible for analysis, codes, tests and documents moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible with assisting with the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Analyzes and documents how the business requirements fit into existing system.
* Assist others in refining system specifications
* Participates in gathering specifications from users
* Translates detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
* Creates and/ or modifies programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
* Tests coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision as needed.
* Reviews test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
* Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 2+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and source management
* Possess strong working experience using one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica and/or SQL
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Ability to work in an open team environment
* Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
* Ability to problem solve, make decisions and empathize with others
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with direct guidance
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Possess experience in the insurance industry and/ or basic knowledge of insurance
* Understanding of data modeling concepts
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.