Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries around the world. The company helps organizations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, provide data security and automate decision making.
The Software Developer Expert, supporting the Global Product Development organization, shall design, develop, maintain, and support proprietary software products. Development of detailed application software coding and unit testing of application programs, assist with test plans, and operations documentation. Other duties are to provide application support on production and customer issues. Shall have a good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and shall be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills to perform a variety of technical functions.
* Actively interface with other teams to gather requirements, design, code, debug, document, implement and maintain applications that use CICS, DB2, AIX, and Linux
* Must be a strong team player, have experience leading a team, while coordinating development responsibilities and activities
* Able to self-manage and required to lead projects with client facing responsibilities
* Highly motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented, able to work independently
* Champion and manage new initiatives to completion to improve and streamline operational processes and maximize system resources
* Participate in modernization of applications from Mainframe to distributed systems
* Resolve complex problems that have implications beyond your own area
* Capable of working proficiently at both the strategic and tactical aspects of a project
* Strong communication skills when responding to internal and external partners
* Provide support of applications in the production environment, as needed.
* Bachelor of Science Degree; preferably in Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 15 years of hands-on experience developing application software in C/C
* Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes required
* Able to design, code, debug and maintain application software
* Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to clearly document technical specifications
* Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
* Able to multi-task and manage multiple project/task assignments simultaneously
* Fast turnaround in delivering solutions
* Knowledge and conform to SDLC principles
* Preferred experience in a UNIX-Linux environment
* Preferred experience in a mainframe environment
* Experience with C, DB2, and SQL
* MVS experience with CICS and JCL
* Cloud experience with AWS, Jenkins, Robot Framework, OpenShift, Hadoop, Spark, PaaS a plus
* Experience with Perl, Python, C , Java, Scala, Node.js a plus
* API development a plus
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
* Competitive base salary
* Aggressive bonus plan
* Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader
Experian is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2017 was $4.3 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in over 40 countries.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EEO Including Disability/Veterans