Company Job Title:
Senior Software Developer
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Software Developer will support the Contract (NPD) by providing support for selected software applications
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs, Builds, Tests software upgrades and modifications.
* Develops information systems by studying operations.
* Designs, develops, and installs software solutions.
* Supports and develops with other members of the software team.
* Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
* Plans system and development deployment and meet software compliance standards.
* Resolves server/desktop updates and provide support.
* Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
* Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
* Supports, executes and validates applications transition, performs support capabilities.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Bachelor's Degree in an associated technical discipline; Master's Degree desired - or 15 years of equivalent work experience. Desired experience to include:
* 7 years of experience in Software Development and systems testing.
* 3 years of experience in NGA application software development, and testing.
* 3 years of software development experience working with NGA and Mission Partner Programs.
* 3 or more years of experience/familiarity with reading, writing, debugging, updating (maintenance release/updates), and fixing custom software.
* TS/SCI Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats (at a minimum): standard web service protocols (SOAP, REST, and OGC).
* Thorough understanding of developing web-based systems from dynamic results of a relational database.
* Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the use of debuggers.
* Software development and engineering skills.
Ability to travel as required.
Physical Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.