Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The Alexa Data Services team (ADS) is part of Amazon's speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo product.
Software Development Engineer is a newly created role to build world class business process management systems and tooling for ADS teams.
The Software Development Engineer - ADS Technology is accountable for the building software systems for ADS. They should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. They will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. They will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. They should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. Cross-team coordination, understanding of Agile/Scrum and Creating reliable, scalable, and experience creating high performance products. This position also requires exceptional technical expertise, a great understanding of the Computer Science fundamentals, and experience building large-scale systems.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their technical abilities.
Summary of Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain of key features of the system.
* Work with team members to devise design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
* Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
* You will apply knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, and design techniques and approaches to design an integrated solution to address business requirements.
* You will interface with other engineers on the team for peer reviews and with a diverse set of customers (Program Managers, business stakeholders etc.) on understanding business objectives, gathering requirements and delivering solutions.
* Promote industry standard best practices.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.