We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Software Developer to be part of a talented agile team using technology to enable growth within Business Lines Strategic Partnerships. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that directly impact our customers and partners.
Responsibilities will include:
* Collaborate with your agile team members to deliver complex software solutions.
* The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers in the technical stack.
* In an agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
* Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
* Partner with application architects as well as other application teams to implement solutions and ensure effective integration with downstream systems.
* Demonstrate strong technical and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline preferably Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* 3 years of hands-on software design and development experience with demonstrated experience developing Applications and Services using JAVA, Spring, AWS, and other related technologies, preferably in an Agile environment.
* Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
* Demonstrates ability for optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, etc)
* Analytical, problem solving, leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
* Ideally familiar with Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
* Ideally has subject matter expertise in ACORD XML Standards.
* Should have expertise with proprietary applications like Rules/ODM; eCLIQ, Dynamic ACORD Framework, Policy ACORD and CIXML.
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM US BL-Technology, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: