We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
We're an Agile, Devops team focused on supporting containerization at Liberty Mutual. We manage Docker and Kubernetes implementations across all major LM Business Units - supporting a rapidly growing environment with 10,000 containers and thousands of application services.
This job would be great for you if you are someone that is interested in a DevOps culture, software defined infrastructure and operational troubleshooting. Additionally, ideal candidates will have strong linux and command line skills, experience with software engineering practices, and experience with Cloud-Native architectures built on AWS. Experience with container platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and application architecture built on containers is also desirable.
* Docker * Kubernetes * AWS * Ansible * Terraform * Cloudformation * Linux Operating Systems * Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
* Python * Bash * NodeJS * Java * Groovy * GoLang
* Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
* Generally 3 years of professional experience.
* Proficient in two or more programming languages and tools; knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies.
* Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills.
* General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, IT architectures and technical standards.
* General knowledge of a business function(s) and business operations.
* Design and development tools.
* General knowledge of layered systems architectures.
* General understanding of shared software concepts.
* General knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
* General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
* Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
* Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
* Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
* Collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - Benefits Information
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - Search Our Jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - Show me the Videos
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.