We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This position joins an agile team focused on Customer Service and Front Line tools used extensively by Liberty Mutual representatives in sales and service. We continually look to improve the experience of our representatives and the customers they serve.
In 2019 we are kicking off a modernization effort making use of current technologies including React, Node JS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS. As an experienced Senior Software Developer on the team you will work closely with technologists and developers to design and create innovative solutions.
* Partner with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer developers to create state of the art solutions to meet business and technical opportunities.
* Analyze technical problems, provide recommendations and design and implement effective solutions.
* Mentor and coach junior team members.
* Handle end-to-end development, including problem refinement, solutioning, coding, testing, and implementation.
* Resolve customer complaints and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Contribute to modernization efforts.
* Investigate and recommend new tools and technologies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
* Experience developing cloud hosted, responsive, single page web applications using modern client libraries/frameworks and RESTful and/or GraphQL services using NodeJS.
* Proficiency with React, and NodeJS
* Proficiency with HTML5, CSS, JavasScript (ES6 )
* Experience with containers (Docker, CloudFoundry… )
* Experience with Java, J2EE and Struts
* Experience with TDD, BDD, and Test Automation
* Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs.
* Understanding of shared software concepts.
* Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers).
* Demonstrates leadership and active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.).
* Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
* Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: