Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a member of the Oracle Flash Storage Systems Tools & Automation team you will develop and deploy innovative solutions with the goal of reducing development time and costs for our storage appliance products.
In this position you will encounter a wide variety of contemporary storage related technologies. This is an exciting and challenging role within this Tools & Automation team, in which you will use your real world experience to help deliver high quality software to our customers.
You will work closely with our product development teams to develop solutions that validate the functionality of Oracle storage products. Your attention to detail will ensure that defects are identified and corrected early in the development cycle.
As a Tools & Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our unique test execution infrastructure and will participate in the design and development of strategic engineering tools. Engineers within the group also work to define automated test processes, standards, methodologies and metrics used to measure the effectiveness of automated use cases.
As a successful candidate you will hold the title of Principle Software Engineer and will be a key member of our Tools & Automation team. You will have an opportunity to work closely with an outstanding product development organization in our shared mission to delivery high quality products to our customers.
We would like you to have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
* Experience with Linux system administration and networking
* A proven track record in delivering working projects on time with high quality
* A desire to improve existing processes and attention to detail is extremely important for this position.
* A proven ability to use written and interactive communication skills to work productively with internal customers.
It would be great if you have:
* Experience in creating automated test cases using various tools and programming languages
* Experience using JSON and XML
* Experience with REST interfaces
* Experience with the development of automated test frameworks
* Experience in the development and/or administration of SAN/NAS storage solutions
* Experience with development using Oracle APEX.
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Experience using source control tools
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.