The qualified candidate will part of the high-performance team in developing and supporting analysis software for Fluke's line of thermal imaging products. The software enables our customers to visualize, diagnose, track, and report on issues recorded using our imagers, which are based on infrared sensing technologies. The team consists of desktop, embedded and mobile developers, and the ideal candidate will bring an aptitude for bridging platforms to provide our customers the best products in the world.
This candidate has overall responsibility for designing and implementing solutions for technology platforms. They will develop effective, efficient, and reliable software during project phases. They will continuously design, develop, and improve the existing software platform to meet the needs of our customers and maintain a robust, modern software environment.
This position falls under ITAR regulations. Applicants must hold either a green card or be a US citizen to be considered for this role
* Serve as individual contributor for major development project or multiple projects
* Design, develop, test & debug, document, create build/install packages, and perform analysis on software libraries and applications.
* Design, develop, test & debug applications for the new thermal imaging products
* Assignments include development of new applications and features, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
* Design, implement, test and maintain firmware for Fluke infrared cameras: Imagers based on Embedded Linux, and TI DSPs and other microprocessors
* Familiar with microprocessors such as IMX6, AMD57XX, and Jetson
* Design and develop machine learning type of applications to solve complex problems
* Support and maintain an Embedded Linux board support package for hand-held imaging products.
* Modify or develop Linux device drivers to meet system feature and performance requirements.
* Support internal and external developers using our libraries to build custom applications.
* May be responsible for developing or executing project plans and processes, schedules and for documentation of work and results.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documents (Software Design Document), diagrams, code comments and readable code
* Prepare and install solutions by determining and design system specifications, standards, and programming
* Support advanced research and product development efforts.
* Follow department standards for software development, including project planning, documentation, design reviews, software testing, project status reporting, and software configuration management.
* Follow up with customer or applications team to address questions and obstacles
* Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
* Work closely with the Manufacturing and R&D team to resolve any manufacturing software application issues and make improvements to manufacturing applications when needed.
* Maintain legacy manufacturing software application for the production line
* Support the manufacturing team through the product life cycle
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field 2-4 yrs. experience or Masters 2 yrs.
* Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavor of Scrum, on multiple projects.
* Minimum of 2 - 4 years' experience developing software for technical products, experience with full software lifecycle
* Minimum of 1 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
* At least 2 years professional software development experience in Linux application software
* At least 2 years expertise with Qt Creator, C#, C , XML, Objected Oriented Design/Development, Multi-threaded Programming, Software Architecture, Design Patterns, and Linux OS
* A minimum of two years' experience with product development process: design, testing, release, maintenance required.
* Familiar with machine learning library
* Experience with developing multithread applications
* Experience working with various communication, network protocols, network theory, and HTTP
* Experience developing application Linux OS
* Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
* Experience with Yocto build system
* Experience with source control (SVN, Git, and etc.)
* Familiar with (Amazon Web Services) AWS
* Familiar with processors like IMX6 and AMD57XXX
* Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
* Ability to work with ambiguity and utilize sound judgement and decision-making skills
* Ability to work independently