A SOFTWARE & CONTROLS GROUP LEAD job in LYNN, MA is currently available through Belcan. This is a full-time, direct role with benefits at Belcan Engineering.
In this role, you will provide technical and organizational leadership to a large team of employees on controls and software projects supporting a variety of customers. You will also engage regularly with these customers and be pivotal to on-going business development efforts.
You will be responsible for setting a vision and strategy that meet business objectives, including profit and loss targets, developing plans and then executing those plans while also fostering a culture of openness, collaboration, accountability and integrity.
This position reports to an Operations Manager and can be based in any of our Delivery Centers (Lynn, MA; Shelton, CT; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Grand Rapids, MI; Peoria, IL; West Palm Beach, FL; Oldsmar, FL; Rockford, IL, Phoenix, AZ).
This is a high-impact, highly-visible role with Belcan Engineering, one of the world's premier engineering services organizations, currently in the early stages of massive growth.
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor"s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Engineering (Master"s degree in business or engineering preferred) and 10 years or more of experience in a technology industry, such as aerospace, defense, industrial machines or medical devices, including successfully managing large projects or programs.
Full P&L experience preferred.
This is a very visible opportunity with a rapidly growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
SOFTWARE & CONTROLS SECTION LEAD Job duties:
* Align Section priorities with Delivery Center and Business objectives
* Provide organizational and technical leadership to a diverse team of Employees
* Grow Customers and revenue in the systems and software space
* Control variable and base costs, and achieve profit targets
* Create a collaborative, flexible and highly-capable team
* Recruit, develop and grow Employees
* Establish or streamline business processes
* Create a culture of openness, integrity and compliance
* Partner with other Delivery Centers to support our Customers
* Collaborate with the SBU Leader and Account Managers to grow the business
* Be a positive, visible and dynamic presence for Belcan in the community and with Customers
* Perform all administrative responsibilities associated with this position
* Bachelor"s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Engineering (Master"s degree in business or engineering preferred)
* Three to five years of experience in a technology industry, such as aerospace, defense, industrial machines or medical devices, including successfully managing large projects or programs.
* Experience working directly with Customers to develop products or services or to provide technical support.
* Experience successfully managing large projects or programs.
* Strong preference for experience with embedded systems
* Strong preference for business development experience, including requirements definition and clarification, proposal creation and modification, etc.
* Strong preference for DO-178 experience -- DO-254 experience also a major plus
* ARINC 664 / AFDX and related standards and protocols experience a strong plus
If you are interested in this SOFTWARE & CONTROLS GROUP LEAD job in LYNN, MA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated servicesfrom jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.