Site Reliability Engineer - Product ExpertLocation: Salt Lake City, UTThe Site Reliability Engineer works as an operational resource for a specific software application or suite of applications and accompanying infrastructure. This includes providing mid-level and escalation support for other groups and working to resolve production issues in conjunction with development, operational, and architectural resources.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
* Follow architectural design to install, configure and validate the system build.
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post mortems.
* Participate in ownership of entire stack for specialized product, including software and infrastructure elements.
* Provide material support for production issues which cannot be resolved by lower level support resources.
* Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical peers and customers to improve capabilities of lower level support resources.
* Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
* Participates in planning long and short term project efforts.
* Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity.
* Works with project managers to assign resources to project tasks.
* Leads or provides technical direction for the planning, execution, and validation of testing work.
* Provides technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to team members.
* Writes and maintains technical documentation for supported application(s).
* Follow established processes when performing work or help document and create processes as necessary.
* Document troubleshooting steps and results in appropriate locations for historical access.
* Ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and standards.
* Implements or coordinates remediation required by audits/assessments, and documents as necessary
* Handle new turn up requests and assist implementation in bringing new customers on board.
* Identify potential application defects and work with developers to document and resolve such issues.
* Provide on call support for high priority incidents
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
* 8+ years of experience working within application or software support.
* 4+ years of experience working within public or private cloud environments.
* 4+ years of experience working in a Windows based environment including both production and personal systems.
* 6+ years communicating in English in a technical field.
* Experience working with WFO related software (WFM, QM, Etc…)
* Can effectively troubleshoot supported applications effectively.
* Can work on complex issues which may span multiple applications or environments.
* Proactively engages with peers to discuss issues and keep stakeholders updated.
* Service-oriented; ability to work on behalf of peers in services and development.
* Mentors co-workers with expertise
* Coordinates work with peers
* Shares discoveries and best practices
* Learns from others within the team
* Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
* Able to work with little supervision and complete tasks and projects as directed.
* Experience with one or more of the following: C#, .NET, SQL, ASPNetCore, NodeJS, REST API's
* Experience with SQL utilization, queries, etc…
Experience working with call centers and call center infrastructure
Experience working with international customer base.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.