Network Administrator for U.S. Navy F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) hardware and software onboard the amphibious assault ship USS Essex. This is a shiprider position and as such the successful candidate will deploy with the ship routinely. The ship is homeported in San Diego, CA but the successful candidate can reside either in the San Diego, CA or NAS Lemoore, CA area. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to see and experience the F-35 at sea in a civilian status.
An ALIS Network Administrator is responsible for support to a Commercial network deployment on USN Ships to include hardware, software, and applications. Position requires strong working knowledge of layer 2 and 3 networking along with production and administrative procedures and will work in conjunction with other ALIS administrators to support the USMC Short Take Off and Landing (STOVL) version of JSF while they are onboard the ship.
Responsibilities will include:
* Serving as Network Support Administrator on the F-35 ALIS Ship Team.
* Coordinate Ship Network requirements for deployment of JSF squadrons.
* Coordinating F-35 Network equipment installations with LM and the local Communications facilities.
* Troubleshooting both LM and F-35 ALIS program equipment and supporting network equipment.
* Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
* Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of LM/GFE workstations and network equipment.
* Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT projects and provide customer service and technical support.
* Coordinate with LM MST on functions for this location to include technician training, customer training programs, inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management - affiliated with the F-35 ALIS Network.
* Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of Contractor Logistics Support and F-35 ALIS program personnel.
Prospective candidates must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Successful candidate must be capable of passing USN medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week
Ship Rider premium applies while deployed at sea (not pierside).
* Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance with a Re-investigation within the last six years. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
* Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background.
* Prior Network or System Administrator experience.
a. Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
b. Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
c. Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
d. Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
e. Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools.
f. Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
g. Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
h. Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and Net Optics taps.
i. Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
j. Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks.
k. Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
* Good Communication & Verbal skills.
* Self Starter & the ability to multitask.
* Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
* Must be able to obtain and retrain DoD IAT Level II certification (Security +).