Summary of Position: The purpose of this position is to provide technical support and customer service to Lennar employees to enhance productivity in the operation of IS computer technology. The telephone technical support tasks for this position include call handling, issue identification, logging and tracking, resolution, and escalation, as appropriate, to IS technical areas. This position documents issues and solutions and records all activity and communications regarding issue calls. The position performs various HELP DESK operational tasks during non-telephone time. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:This position performs issue handling, identification and resolution with all levels of Lennar customers (including IS professionals, staff in remote work locations, Lennar administrative and executive staff) who call, e-mail, or contact the HELP DESK through other means. When the Lennar IS customers call the HELP DESK, they are experiencing an issue, frustration, and/or an inability, (often times critical inability), to perform their job. The purpose of the HELP DESK Analyst position is to ensure customers maintain productivity while experiencing a very customer service-oriented environment from the HELP DESK Analysts. This position performs issue handling, identification and resolution with all levels of Lennar customers (including IS professionals, staff in remote work locations, Lennar administrative and executive staff) who call, e-mail, or contact the HELP DESK through other means. The purpose of the HELP DESK Analyst position is to provide:
* A single point of contact for communicating issues or requesting IS service
* A service-oriented experience to the customer which keeps the customer informed throughout the contact
* To serve as the customer's advocate in ensuring that the proper IS department is notified and responds according to respective Documents of Understanding
Education and Experience Requirements:
* 2-year Technical Degree in Computer/IS area, or comparable experience.
* 2 years in multi-operating system environment, especially MS Windows, Citrix/Metaframe, & NT
* 2-year experience preferred working in desktop environment and with MS Office Suite.
* 2+ year experience preferred in a technical support environment, Call Center, or Help Desk.
* 1-year experience preferred working in a large IS organization (multiple locations, client server technology, WAN, 1000+ personal computer workstations).
* ITIL Foundations certification preferredThorough PC Operating System Knowledge.
* Thorough PC Workstation Knowledge.
* Thorough PC Printer Knowledge.
* Thorough Server & Password Administration Knowledge.
* General WAN Knowledge.
* General File Server & File Server Maintenance Knowledge.
* General File Conversions & Usage Knowledge.
* General PC Software Products Knowledge.
* General Mainframe Software Products Knowledge.
* General Data Communication Knowledge.
* General Voice/Phone System Knowledge.
* Thorough System Administration (Policies & Procedures) Knowledge.
* Excellent telephone skills.
* General technical writing skills to describe technical issues for issue history and communication to Escalation Partners.
* Thorough writing and communication skills to write, demonstrate, and explain step-by-step technical procedures.
* Thorough analytical skills to troubleshoot (over the phone) technical computer issues as presented by customers and resolve with own knowledge, or user documentation; or know when to escalate to Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3, and then choose the correct Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3 technical group.
* Thorough issue solving and analytical aptitude.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Very good inter-personal and teamwork aptitude.
* Thorough ability to interpret a wide variety of documentation for software and hardware and equipment.
* General organization skills to manage multiple open calls, call backs from Escalation Partners, and follow-up with customers.
Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary office position that requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift and carry office supplies and materials of weights of 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Position may require the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and the availability to operate a motor vehicle. Additional Requirements:
* Arrive to work on time
* Follow directions from a Supervisor
* Work independently of daily supervision
* Interact well with co-workers and associates at all company levels.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.