who we are
MOST CREATIVE MEDIA AGENCY NETWORK | 11 TIMES IN A ROW BY THE GUNN REPORT
MEDIA AGENCY NETWORK OF THE YEAR | CANNES LIONS 2017
OMD Chicago is a proud part of the global OMD network. We are dedicated to delivering insights that unlock demand potential, ideas that ignite consumer desire and results that accelerate business growth for our clients. We are a dynamic, creative and influential agency network that collectively combines to make OMD the most awarded agency network in the world.
Reporting to a Client Strategy Director, the SEO Supervisor will be responsible for leading innovative SEO/Content projects. The Content Solutions Supervisor will oversee all aspects of the optimization process, from analysis to implementation. This person will work closely with the overall Content Solutions/SEO team and Account teams to identify obstacles to optimal natural ranking on the client's site and digital assets, deliver recommendations to remove these obstacles, and then work with the client and the SEO team to properly optimize the client's digital assets. Specifically, this Supervisor will be analyzing client sites and assets for technical issues and opportunities, conducting extensive consumer keyword and content research, and developing cohesive outbound linking strategies and tactics, and working with the client's technical team to implement these recommendations.
what this role calls for
* Identify SEO opportunities.
* Develop, implement, and manage all SEO campaigns, strategies and initiatives.
* Build and maintain project management processes that streamline SEO initiatives.
* Adept at explaining difficult concepts using simple language and graphics.
* Maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors, and technology partners.
* Manage and lead content team members to maximize their productivity, job satisfaction, and professional growth.
* Assist clients in building and understanding business goals in relation to Content/SEO strategies and programs.
* Develop, manage, and provide SEO related reporting for clients and in-house management teams.
* Work with cross functional departments to develop and track all details of SEO initiatives.
* Collaborate with client's technical and marketing group in order to implement proposed recommendations.
* Maintain expertise on search engine news and trends.
* Adept at explaining difficult concepts using simple language.
* Serve as SEO Expert for business development pitches.
* Provide training and education for non-SEO team members and clients.
* Web hosting experience/familiarity with other, simple things related to web hosting: uploading files, modifying content, changing settings, configuring accessibility, etc.
* Server side configuration to help in the diagnosis of different problems (like Google bot crawling).
what you bring
* 3 years of tactical and strategic experience in SEO (search engine optimization) either in-house or agency environments.
* Possess a BA/BS in Marketing, English, Journalism or MIS/related technical degree.
* Have a passion for connecting queries to content, and a commitment to making sure the client's relevant content is found by those who are looking for it.
* Be an expert SEO copywriter with an understanding of how to write for both users and search engines at once.
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
* Have a working knowledge of leading Web Analytics (Adobe preferred) and other SEO tools (Brightedge preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: Exempt.
OMD reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of OMD to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.