WANTED: Senior Web Developer to help build and shape the visitor experience on our websites and applications. We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver who empowers others to rise to challenges and give their best performance.
The Sr. Web Developer is a technical position responsible for the development, governance, quality and security of the online user experience. In this role, you will be expected to manage and develop websites and web applications, proactively monitor sites for issues, produce analytics and drive UI/UX best-practices. You will be responsible for developing and managing all aspects of the online presence, and focuses on meeting project commitments and deadlines, including communications with clients and internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES Include the Following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Spearhead web projects, in close coordination with Technology Solutions and Marketing teams to develop, document and implement new sites and applications as well as maintain existing sites.
* Interact with clients, business stakeholders and management to review incoming project requests to identify project scope, timelines and budgets.
* Onboarding of new clients including platform recommendation, implementation and training of end users and internal staff.
* Work with other members of the Technology Solutions team to ensure platforms meet business requirements, established designs and security standards.
* Ensure that software code, mobile applications, blogs and web components are up to date on all web properties.
* Provide project status reports to management by collecting, analyzing and summarizing project data and trends.
* Guide and mentor junior resources in daily tasks and technology recommendations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Minimum of 7 years professional experience with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
* SME for Technology Solutions team including recommendation of client and internal platforms. Experience with senior level executives and ability to confidently suggest technology solutions to meet client and Virtual business requirements.
* Proven experience managing content and production for high traffic websites and managing increasingly complex technical projects in a client facing environment.
* Proven experience developing for WordPress, applying and updating themes and plugins and general familiarity with content management systems.
* Solid understanding of design principles, web standards and web authoring tools, cross browser support, security fundamentals and general web application development and implementation principals.
* Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle, QA and test processes and experience through all phases of the SDLC.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and plan their schedule efficiently.
* Ability to effectively share technical information with non-technical people within the company and our clients.
* Ability to work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
* Experience with AMS platforms a plus (YourMembership, Impexium, Nimble AMS)
* Experience with support ticketing systems a plus (SYSAid, Jira, Service Cloud)
* Salesforce admin or development certification a plus.
ABOUT VIRTUAL INC:
We're a leading professional services firm focused on technology consortia and associations. Our clients include organizations led by companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft and more, as well as organizations that are tackling some of the biggest problems in the world today, from eating disorders, to space travel to noise pollution. We have decades of experience behind us but we're still growing fast, having fun, and doing new things every day.
For more information regarding our company's mission, our team and benefits visit our Careers Page.