As a Senior UX Designer at Cylance, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers and others to understand, design, construct, measure, and optimize our customer journeys. You are a creative problem-solver with a knack for tackling complexity and delivering clear, elegant design solutions. You believe the how and why are as crucial as the final deliverable, and you're comfortable explaining your rationale to colleagues inside and outside of Design. Working as a designer in the complex security space in our Irvine Headquarters.
What You'll Do
* Create consistent designs that can scale across multiple platforms and systems.
* Develop diagrams, page flows, and wireframes of various fidelity.
* Create documentation and prototypes for User Interface mockup that demonstrate interactions and visual effects.
* Produce high-fidelity designs of product concepts, internal and external tools, and applications.
* Collaborate with other designers and developers to create an intuitive end-to-end user experience.
* Ensure your designs are based on a solid understanding of user needs, product requirements, and business goals.
* Stay up-to-date on the latest Cylance products and services, industry best practices, and customer needs; attends applicable training, conferences, and learns new tools as needed.
* Raise the bar for design quality at Cylance by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and stakeholders
* Plan, facilitate, and share results from design research
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
* 4+ years minimum of related experience in User Interface design shipping products.
* Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent experience with a strong portfolio of work
* Exceptional graphic design skills and artistic sense for high aesthetic graphics, UI, composition, and typography
* Senior ability using prototyping and design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, etc.
* Senior knowledge of usability and implementing best practices.
* Senior knowledge of UX process and methodologies including but not limited to research, personas, evaluation, and optimization of content and IA
* Senior knowledge of the UI principles, interface layouts, visual hierarchy, and interaction design patterns.
* Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed decisions
* Experience as a designer working closely with development teams in an agile environment
* Effectively collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary team members to explain and evangelize design solutions
* Strong communicator with a passion to learn and contribute
* Demonstrated understanding of information flow, legibility, and interface usability principles
* Great attention to detail and solid organization
* A self-starter that loves a team environment
* Open-minded, friendly, with a positive attitude
Above And Beyond
* Experience with source control and versioning including but not limited to Github.
* Understanding of the software development methodologies with an ability to work in design sprints.
* Advanced knowledge of IT / Operating Systems
* Experience in designing user-interfaces for security applications / games
* Animation chops using Studio, Principle, Flow, etc.
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
* Cover Letter (optional), resume and a portfolio with examples of your design work
* Only online portfolios will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
* Complete a UX test if requested
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: