IBM Cloud Brokerage Services (ICBS) business unit is seeking an experienced web-based UI developer with product development and testing experience in web-based SaaS products. The ICBS team develops applications for hybrid cloud management across the lifecycle of plan, order, deploy, operate and govern customer workloads.
As a Senior UI Developer, you will be responsible for design and development of user interfaces with test automation for the Hybrid Cloud Management System - AIOps application. You will closely work with the ICBS Product Management, Architecture, and Delivery teams to understand product requirements and roadmap from both a business, technical, and delivery perspective. You will collaborate with the teams to commit to delivering user interfaces and test automation for stories/tasks/defects within a sprint cycle. You will participate in the current agile development process based on the Spotify model.
The successful candidate will be ambitious and self-directed with a passion for Agile-based Cloud-native development in a Spotify model. You will have prior software product development and testing experience across user interface development and test automation with a thorough understand of DevOps and its supporting services and tools. You will also have proven analytical capabilities, strong web design and development skills, and web-based test automation development experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You are very delivery-focused, balanced with being a big-picture evangelist. You are able to communicate clearly and compellingly with the stakeholders of the product.
* Primary responsibility is development of user interfaces with test automation for the committed to stories, tasks, and defects within a sprint cycle that is delivered to the customer delivery team on time with quality every time and meets the committed to product roadmap.
* Responsible for following the defined agile development processes including attending the required meetings with contribution towards the successful completion of the sprints.
* Responsible for development and maintenance of user interface, automated tests that provides high coverage of all the key positive and negative use cases that customers need to ensure no regression occurs from release to release.
* Collaborates with product management and customer delivery teams to ensure product requirements are clear on what customers expect and what the delivery teams should set as the right expectations with the customers.
* Communicate rigorously within the squad on goals, ongoing progress, milestones, and any issues.
* Support and follow the overall product architects, delivery architects, to drive and establish the architecture decisions and designs for the product.
* Leverage the DevOps team to ensure product can be automatically built, deployed, and tested using a CI/CD pipelines across all of the release cycles from dev to production.
* Mentor and develop required skills of other product testers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 7 + years of experience as a UI software developer and tester for web-based large-scale enterprise applications.
* In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
* Understand cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance efforts.
* Familiarity using REST APIs
* Proven ability to develop user interface code (using best practices) that performs well and scales for large data with concurrent user access.
* DevOps end to end experience with tool chains such as Docker, Travis, minikube/kubernetes, Jira, GoCD
* Deep expertise in testing REST-based API's (json/yaml), Micro-services with RDBMS and NoSQL
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* Working knowledge of cloud technologies and architectures, including Virtualization, APIs, Micro-services and Containers.
* Understanding of Cloud Provider services, usage and delivery paradigms
* 5+ years experience delivering product development and testing of enterprise-class software products
* 3+ years experience developing user interfaces using modern web-based technologies and tools
* Excellent verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams
* High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment
* Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
* Ability to process and manage multiple priorities
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:227061BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US