Join us as we pursue our new design vision to make machine data accessible and valuable to everyone. Splunk design started a journey to redefine the data user experience.
Data user experience is a new UI competency which is the conveyance of big data and information in forms that can be seen. We study and create the new visual representation of data and user experience around it. The competency is the beautiful mix of art and technology & science - Are you a seasoned UI designer who is looking for a new challenge? The data UI is filled with undiscovered UI challenges - you could be the first designer to solve these unique design problems.
As a Senior User Interaction Designer for Mobile, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of design. Collaboration and partnership with engineers and product managers to ensure your ideas come to fruition helping evolve the Splunk data UI experience through the formulation of design language and product user interface.
What You'll Do
* Translate ideas and concepts into world class designs for IOS and Android applications by crafting journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
* Advocate for and execute user-centered design/lean UI process for interaction design at throughout the product development process
* Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
* Present designs and effectively communicate design rationale to diverse stakeholders
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UI, visual designers, UX researchers, product managers and engineering) to create compelling visual designs of interactive experiences
* Partner with product management and engineering teams to define product roadmaps and prioritize requirements for releases
* Create detailed design specifications and design standards
* Work closely with developers and engineers to deliver the final product
What You'll Bring
* 6+ years of experience in UI or visual design for Mobile products
* A deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
* Experience working with or creating design systems
* Experience designing data visualizations and/or data-dense products
* Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
* Excellent communication - Both written and verbal
* Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
* Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus.
Your portfolio needs to include both 'what you have done", which is the typical collection of your work that you have participated, then there should be "what you can do now." part - including self UX/visual study lets us see how you design. We are most interested in learning about your creativity.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.