American Access Casualty Company (AACC) provides quality private passenger automobile insurance to our valued customers. Our mission is to be "driven to do the right thing at every turn." To deliver on that mission and continue our growth, we are currently seeking a talented Senior UI/UX Designer to join our current team.
The Senior UI/UX Designer role will have strong design skills, experience with responsive web design and be capable of handling front-end design and development side by side with the application development team and the ability to build out wire frames and HTML and CSS for the organization. Any additional experience with front-end design technologies such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Vue.js or other technologies is highly valued.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* The ideal candidate needs to have a well-rounded understanding of the web and mobile design process: They must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles with a mobile first mentality, excellent visual design skills, technical know-how of interaction, construction and information architecture, and must have proven expertise in designing for mobile and web.
* Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and internal customers informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
* Experienced at driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results and connects with end-users emotionally.
* Collaboratively work with internal customers to conceptualize and develop new features and functionality.
Knowledge, technical skills and abilities
* Advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite of products including but not limited to Photoshop and Illustrator
* Develop high level detailed wire frames, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Comfort delivering and receiving feedback, writing well-structured code, testing, iterating rapidly and collaborating with a variety of colleagues from different disciplines
* Developing, maintaining, and constantly improving the look and usability of the public facing website(s), microsites and landing pages of a rapidly growing insurance company
* Develops site content and graphics; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
* Strong Knowledge of browser compatibility issues, WCAG standards, 508 compliance, and web fonts
* A proactive approach to responding to problems is highly valued
* Good communication skills are essential, and technical writing skills are valued
Education and/or Experience:
* Proven work experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in the field of Human Computer Interaction, Digital Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired
* A strong online creative portfolio
* 7+ years equivalent work experience
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits Available for Full Time Employees:
* Comprehensive Benefits
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
* Company paid STD/LTD
* Company paid life insurance
* Wellness program and EAP
* Career Planning