RSG seeks a talented and versatile travel modeler to develop travel forecasting models and data products.
AS A SENIOR TRAVEL MODELER
You help develop forecasting tools and data products to support US transportation agencies as they navigate the rapidly evolving world of smart mobility. You work with a variety of datasets, including smartphone travel surveys, massive passively collected location data, commercial marketing data, public demographic data, and geospatial data, doing data work that entails processing, cleaning and validation, reconciliation and expansion, classical statistical analysis and model estimation, and the application of contemporary machine learning algorithms. You use GIS, travel modeling, and general programming software. You implement, debug, calibrate, and apply both traditional trip-based and advanced activity-based travel models and incorporate next-generation data-driven modeling techniques.
You are a self-motivated team player who has both practical skills and a solid theoretical foundation in travel forecasting, network modeling, statistics, and data analysis. You work well with clients and possess good interpersonal skills to represent the company, including by being amiable; being able to communicate complex, technical materials in concise and meaningful ways; participating in meetings; and providing training. You are a resourceful, clear and creative thinker, dedicated to high quality work. You have the desire to develop best in class data products and forecasting tools; the ability to manage a project on time, on budget, and to client satisfaction; and good technical judgment.
* Masters degree or equivalent experience in a technical field, such as data science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics
* 6+ years of experience and demonstrated skill in traveling forecasting, data science, or similar field using advanced analytic methods and tools
* Experience developing travel forecasts and building and validating travel demand models in one or more transportation modeling package (TransCAD, Cube, EMME, and/or VISUM)
* Solid understanding of and proficiency with Python, R or SQL
* Efficient manager of people, workflows and processes with the proven ability to manage multiple competing projects, priorities, and deadlines
* Proficient in statistical analysis, data management, and presentation
* Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of formats (e.g. email, technical documentation, instructions)
* Effective in a variety of communication settings: one-to-one and in groups; with peers, supervisors, staff and clients; in-person and long distance.
* Solid understanding of and proficiency with GIS (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.)
* Facility with multiple statistical analysis/database software/packages (e.g., SQL, SPSS, scikit-learn, R, SAS)
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects successfully
* Demonstrated ability to develop business opportunities
Periodic travel is required. EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Please visit our employment page: