Senior Test Analyst
ABOUT IT AT CN
CN harnesses the power of information every minute of every day to make better decisions. Almost every aspect of our business relies on technology; this is why CN invests around $100 million every year on IT projects and infrastructure. And with close to 1,000 in-house employees, CN's IT team is more than a first-class technology shop - they're railroaders, dedicated to enabling our people to work better and to helping our trains run safely.
The Train Control Systems Test Analyst role is to ensure all project deliverables and initiatives meet IT & end-user standards. The Test Lead is required to ensure proper test coverage as well as perform testing on the current and future train control applications. The Test Lead must ensure all requirements have the appropriate test case coverage. This includes creating, executing and maintaining test scripts using defined tools. The Test Lead will apply proven analytical skills and business knowledge to ensure proper integration of business requirements and application functionality that is of the highest quality. The Test Lead will apply strong leadership skills ensuring direct reports get proper coaching & feedback as well as ensuring the team delivers to commitment.
WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB ?
You are passionate about delivering quality solutions into production. You have a strong desire to deliver bug / issue free solutions. You strong reporting acumen leads to pattern recognition in defects. You're focused on keeping timelines, growing the test teams' skills, and enhancing manual and automated testing standards. You enjoying working in a fast paced environment, and impacting critical operating components. You have a strong business acumen and are comfortable dealing with different groups varying from front line users to senior managers and Directors. Your core strength is understanding software Applications, and how they operate.
* Provides direction in executing testing of every phase and feature of the solution to identify potential issues and fixes before the product goes live.
* Coordinates all testing related activities for self and the team while ensuring adherence to best practices and standards.
* Develops metrics for product quality and develops test programs and approaches in executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
* Create, maintain and execute test scripts to test new and existing functionality ensuring a quality implementation.
* Evaluates requirements from various sources, including interviews with programmers and business users, project documentation, and bug reports, and provides estimates for all testing deliverables.
* Confirms that test plan and test script evaluations demonstrate that project deliverables meet business requirements.
* Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to appropriate stakeholders.
* 10-15 years of experience in testing highly complex systems.
* Extensive knowledge HP ALM & JIRA tools
* Knowledge of custom software and integration program throughout the full life cycle Architecture-design-build-integration-deployment and support.
* Experienced in a integration and implementation in a complex distributed application and infrastructure environment.
* Exposed to Hardware and Software integration, firmware, and application and telecommunication configuration management.
* Knowledge in complex data modeling, Asset and Inventory management.
* Bilingual (French and English)
* Rail industry or PTC (Positive Train Control) background
* Transportation Industry
* Experience in dealing with off shore and/or remote teams.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.