What you'll be doing…
The Senior Technical Support Engineer works primarily with enterprise customers of Tableau's server and core server products, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, configuration and set up tasks, or customers of Tableau's Desktop products, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, data connectivity, performance and analysis of data. Responsibilities include owning and resolving highly complex, technical, and application-related issues which impact product performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of Tableau products.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
* Collaborate and consult with select server and core server clients to implement successful server launches, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with deployment
* Partner with clients and help them optimize the use of Tableau Software
* Lead support case resolution efforts for prescribed customer cases
* Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues
* Collaborate with User Support, Escalation Engineering and Sales Consultants to identify high priority server issues and partner with Development and Quality Engineering teams as needed
* Mentor Technical Support Engineers in researching, resolving and documenting customer server issues
* Act as the primary technical liaison between customers and other Tableau departments as issues are resolved
* Develop, document, mentor, and train others in support procedures for server-related technical triage and problem solving
Who you are…
* Experienced. 4+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting commercial/ enterprise software applications.
* Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence and confidence.
* Detail oriented. You have an uncanny ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume workload while handling details accurately and in a timely manner
* Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to arrive at the best solution
* Educated. A BSCS is preferred, and Bachelor's degrees in technical or other quantitative fields will be considered
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!