Amazon Browser Integration Technologies team is adding a Technical Program Manager. The group has a customer facing product used by tens of millions of customers worldwide, a HTML Platform, three complex services and a distributed, big data and analytics platform. Internal partnerships and influence spans across advertising and marketing, pricing and selection verticals. You will be working alongside some of the smartest engineers at Amazon and have cross-functional interaction with Product Managers, Research/Applied Scientists, Marketing Managers, Finance, Channel Managers and Engineering leaders.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are someone who has passion for managing large scale projects, creating use-cases with high financial or strategic impact, establishing partnerships to drive these use-cases to completion, and have demonstrated experience for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has strong influence and is highly motivated, a self-starter, quick on their feet, makes solid decisions, and is flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your experience of building mechanisms and tools will be extremely handy in this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and drive projects, mechanisms and programs that will influence across advertising/marketing, selection, pricing and retail organizations. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of large scale projects and programs, you will enjoy this role. This role has VP-level visibility and it will test your skills of abstraction and attention to detail, at the same time. The role also sets you up for bigger opportunities in Amazon. This role requires ambition, thinking big, deep-dive, strong analytical and business skills, and the ability to thrive in a very ambiguous, fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment.
The Technical Program Manager position is a hybrid role that understands our business and its objectives, and then can design, prototype & manage technical projects and replicate to deliver exceptional business outcomes. In this role, you will draw upon technical architecture, business and analytical skills, deployment and project management, critical thinking, problem-solving, and a passion for building. You will be the single point, driving the management of use-cases to prioritize technical roadmap, new requirements, propose and simplify technical architecture and collaborate effectively between Amazon Assistant and teams across other organizations. In Amazon, Technical Program Managers are the backbone of the project execution, run our largest cross-customer projects, and coordinate with other teams on high scale deliverables.
* Coordinate activities across multiple internal and customer teams
* Define use-cases with partner teams, establish goals and execute to completion
* Determine and measure financial/strategic impact, budget and Fixed/Variable cost for the programs / projects
* Manage medium to large technical projects with minimal supervision
* Prioritize technical roadmap, propose and simplify technical architecture
* Perform key team roles in an Agile software development environment (Scrum Master, Product Manager)
* Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
* Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
* Own the metrics for Titan's business and operational success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data.
* Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
* Demonstrate extraordinary people skills, customer obsession and attention to detail
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.