At Climate, our mission is to help all the world's farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools which require our leaders to understand the big picture while being able to dive into the unique agriculture and engineering challenges. The Climate Corporation is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who will lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using their hands on engineering expertise. We're looking for someone who is comfortable taking a leadership position and is both business process and technically minded. This role will also involve a hands-on approach to own and scale our cross-product development processes and will need to be a self-starter, and use a friendly, flexible approach in a process-light environment.
What You Will Do:
* Lead Enterprise program & project execution across multiple teams - engineering, product, and science in situations where authority is not a given * Enhance the project management processes, tooling and templates to improve the operating model maturity of a scaling product and technology organization * Facilitate technical tradeoff decisions in product development with engineers * Discuss and present technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people * Be able to drive and explain your team's analysis to executives * Be comfortable operating with uncertainty, know how to create order from chaos * Build credibility and buy-in from teams without authority * Expertly facilitate large-scale meetings and drive change management across the company * Create solutions by diving deep into the technology and data * Develop and own cross-organizational processes
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics * 8 years of industry experience in software development, Software as a Service, or Platform as a Service * 4+ years in a Technical Program Management role * 3+ years as a Software Engineer/Developer
* Experience as a Software Engineering Manager * Experience with complex Enterprise wide initiatives
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
* Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program * Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used * We take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development * A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
* Inspire one another * Innovate in all we do * Leave a mark on the world * Find the possible in the impossible * Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.