Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Sr. Technical Product Manager (TPM), Innovation Center, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, biometrics, NLP, Mobile, Front-end, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics.
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. The Innovation Center team is looking for a TPM who is passionate about innovative, secure and next generation payment software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will help build pilots and potential new products, design next generation of Visa APIs/products, and help build infrastructure to make partners/developers worldwide successful using Visa payment network.
As TPM, you will be engaging in technical and functional discussions with both product and technology teams. This entails support for completing functional requirements through continuous engagement with product managers and customers across a range of Visa's new and existing products. However, majority of your work will result in creating technical requirements and participating in technical discussions with the dev team. You will be expected to learn about new trends in payments space and be creative about how we bring the best user experience using state of the art technologies and innovations.
What we expect of you, day to day.
* Technical product management functions including high level strategy, detailed functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
* Extensive cross-organisation collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritising, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
* Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
* Own the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
* Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artefacts and Quality Assurance test plans
* Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
* Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* The candidate may have work from San Francisco office 1-2 day/week.
What we're after…
* Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus
* Relevant experience in technical product management
* 10+ years of experience
* Strong analytical and technical skills.
* Fluent in discussions about API design, SDKs, and developer tools.
* Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
* Proven track record of shipping product in time.
* Project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in working with agile life cycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
* Highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Effectively manage multiple work streams
* Think tactically as well as strategically
* Lead cross functional teams in a highly matrix environment.
* A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services, or APIs is highly desirable.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.