You will work on a team of technology professionals in our music group to build world-class music/speaker products. The Technical Engineering Project Manager works within the Engineering department and is responsible for managing development of new Firmware/HW/SW products from concept to release.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you'll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you should have a proven successful track record of delivering high quality consumer electronic products on-time and should have a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills built on a rock solid foundation of planning and risk management.
* Establish aggressive, but realistic schedules and cost targets ensuring that margin and product launch target dates are met
* Create, develop and manage program budget and product cost targets, staffing requirements, resource planning, schedule for program and product delivery
* Create risk management list and contingency plans. Decide upon and execute contingency plans, when required
* Develop and execute project plans from concept to product release
* Develop and maintain project schedule
* Supervise day to day activities of engineers to achieve project goals
* Chair Project Meetings
* Program reviews with executive staff
* Coordinate activity and ensure clear communication for all projects with Hardware (ME / EE), Acoustics, Firmware, Operations, Marketing, Commodity Management and Finance
* Bachelor's of Science or Master's degree in an Engineering discipline, or closely related technical area
* 5-10 years of experience managing the development of engineering products as a Project Manager (Firmware/HW/SW)
* Experience managing the development of audio hardware, firmware and embedded software engineering, architecture and design concepts (i.e. speakers, headphones, wi-fi, bluetooth)
* Experience developing and executing project plans using phase-gate or another formal project management methodology
* Experience managing engineering projects within a team of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers in a product development environment
* Experience and familiarity with commercial electronic products is a plus
* Experience managing the development of product architectures and system requirements
* Capable of guiding process using hybrid Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall methodology
* Must have broad enough technical knowledge to understand the relevant and important facets of electronic, mechanical, and software design efforts
* Ability to manage effectively in a cross-functional environment, working closely with all aspects of the business including Hardware (ME / EE), Acoustics, Firmware, Operations, Marketing, Commodity Management and Finance while driving execution with ODM/CDM finished good suppliers and/or in-house manufacturing
* Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to provide clear and concise project status to the executive staff through written reports and periodic program reviews
* Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Atlassian tool suite (or similar) to track development progress and interact with the team
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
* Technical expertise: WICED Platform, DSP, CSR chip, Wifi, Bluetooth audio platforms
* Bachelor of Science in an engineering or business related studies
* Master of Business Administration (MBA) or technical graduate degree a plus
* Formal Project Management training and Certification a plus (PMP) a plus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.