Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. Job Description SummaryWe are seeking a Sr. Technical Business Analyst to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client located in Farmers Branch, TX. Location of work is primarily from home, however, the selected candidate must be flexible and available to attend meetings or perform other activities at the IRS facility in Farmers Branch TX as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:- Support the design and modification of business systems or IT systems.
* Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their problems and needs.
* Gather, document, and analyze business needs and technical requirements- Ensure and review that the business/technical requirements are understood and translated to system design and procurement requirements are consistent with frameworks/standards- Propose solutions to business problems and, as needed, design technical solutions- Document the functional and, sometimes, the technical design of the system- Interact with system architects and developers to ensure the system is properly implemented- Create and execute test cases against the developed code- Review and create system documentation and user manualsMinimum Requirements:- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years with a Master's degree- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.- Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.*Computer Professional Job Profile
PROJECT SPECIFIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience required- Experience in soliciting and documenting requirements, technical writing and document preparation, and creating and utilizing test cases- Experience supporting IRS projects- Demonstrated success in client support- Experience working under Agile software development methodologies- Self-starter that does not require extensive guidance- Proactive communication skills with multi-site located team- Understanding of business modeling and technical requirements identification processes- Demonstrated problem-solving and structured analysis skills- Proficient in presentation and facilitation skills- Experience in conducting systems analysis using design methodologies- Demonstrated ability to create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers- Ability to communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite- Experience with Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Team Concert, and Rational CLM tools - Experience with Visio
* Work is performed in a general office environment
Additional requirements as per Contract/Client:
* Candidates must have held an active IRS MBI clearance within the last 2 years to qualify- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax compliant
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.