The Senior Systems Architect leads the design, development, and implementation of new system and application architecture or major enhancements to existing technology/software in the Data Movement Technology organization within BBH. This individual works with the Engineering, Operations, and Support colleagues to ensure that all technology initiatives are delivered according to plan (on scope, on time, on budget.) This position will also be responsible for the supervision of a small team of Engineers, providing technical oversight and direction as needed.
Principle Responsibilities include:
Planning and Organization
* Identify technical opportunities and risk reduction initiatives to improve the overall quality and resiliency of technology platforms in partnership with other infrastructure/systems leaders
* Evaluating key technologies and driving thoughtful implementations
* Assist with technical planning for major technology initiatives for the organization
Design and Implementation
* Provide leadership and guidance for architecture design and development of highly resilient and performative technology platforms including compute, network, communications, storage, integration, and security.
* Design and develop Proof of Concepts (POCs) to validate suitability and viability of new technologies and solutions from both functional and technical perspectives.
* Be hands on with development on more complex deliverables (as required).
* Research and evaluate new technologies/tools/software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the technology strategy of the organization.
* Proactively research, evaluate, and test emerging technologies and tools and present/document essential steps to integrate them into solutions/applications.
* Provide technical guidance, supervision of technical execution for all major technology related projects.
Candidate Requirements include:
* BS degree in Technology and/or equivalent work experience
* +3 years in designing and implementing system and application architectures
* Strong communication skills
* Strong analytical background
* Experience managing/implementing technology platforms, preferably in medium/large scale, resilient, highly available transaction processing systems
* Experience in engineering/developing/implementing applications and services in a distributed environment
* Experience with engineering/developing solutions with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle preferred)
* Experience in leading/supervising a team of Engineers/Developers
* Has a genuine technical curiosity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.