Information Technology Senior Systems Analyst, Technology
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
The successful candidate will, with minimal direction manage requirements and processes on complex, cross-functional initiatives through the full project life cycle from planning through development, testing and deployment. Is Instrumental in capturing high-level functional requirements and translation into detailed requirements and actionable technical specifications. The Senior Systems Analyst analyzes technology systems, data and related processes to identify and design improvements. Coordinates with engineering/systems team to develop the most cost-effective solution on complex, high-impact efforts.
You demonstrate leadership by supporting the growth and development of your team as a whole and individually. Goal-setting is as integral to lululemon as yoga and you facilitate your team's participation in our Vision & Goals program. This is not about your performance. This is about defining what is authentically important for you and your team and then setting out to make it happen.
A day in the life:
* Leads functional solution and design discussions with understanding of process, data and system flows to facilitate design decisions within a functional domain.
* Has strong sense of ownership with the ability to drive clarity in complex and ambiguous scenarios.
* Proficient with systems-thinking and able to articulate them to various groups across the organization.
* Provides technical oversight and guides teams to resolve complex and severe technical issues.
* Supports one or more moderately to highly complex business processes.
* Champions best practices around data standards, policies, and procedures.
* Serves as a team member, sometimes as a technical lead, sometimes as a business analyst.
* Education and/or strong work experience in Information Technology or a related field.
* Possess expert level understanding of software development practices and project life cycles.
* Proven experience with large-scale systems/application implementation.
* 7+ years as Systems or Business Analyst; 10+ years in IT; Experience in a retail environment is preferred.
* Understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge.
* Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
* Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
* Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
* Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
* Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
* Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.