Job posting title
Senior Strategic Project Manager
The Sr. Strategic Project Manager will be responsible for managing, planning and tracking tactical and strategic projects. The Sr. Strategic Project Manager will focus on cost effectiveness, communication, risk analysis, quality assurance and implementation of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. The Sr. Strategic Project Manager will serve as mentor and guide to the Strategic Project Manager and SCRUM Master II.
* Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business.
* Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
* Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
* Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
* Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
* Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
* Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
* Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the Strategic Planning team meetings.
* Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
* Manage project scope and changes.
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in the areas of IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.
* Experience: 7+ years Project Management-relevant work experience. PMO, PMP, or Six Sigma Project Management Certification. 4+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above). 4+ years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Requires minimal supervision; models effective leadership skills; communicates effectively with other project team members.
* Works creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork & innovation.
* Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing for professional courtesy in conversations.
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
* Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership.
* Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
* Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
* Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.
* Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
* Detail oriented with excellent follow through skills.
* Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work and deliverables.
* Influential, focused, and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
* Fast and responsive, deadline driven.
* Takes steps to preserve the high confidentiality of strategic business data.
JR-01032 Senior Strategic Project Manager (Open)
Number of openings