Description:This position is part of the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and MBDA Deutschland Joint Venture (JV) team to develop the next generation Integrated Air and Missile Defense System, "TLVS," for the German Bundeswehr. The JV is the prime contractor for this new system, which is headquartered in Schrobenhausen, Germany. The company will also have operations in Dallas, Texas, Huntsville, Alabama, and Syracuse, New York, as well as locations in Ulm and Koblenz, Germany.
TLVS is a highly mobile ground based air and missile defense system for protection against the current and future threat spectrum in the lower tier. TLVS is based on the technology and development results of the trinational MEADS air and missile defense system (US, Germany, Italy). The development of this latest generation air defense system was proven by the system demonstration in 2014. TLVS will be employed by Germany in the context of national and collective defense as well as for the protection of deployed troops, facilities and areas against all kinds of aerial threats including the interception of the latest generation of ballistic missiles. The individual components of the system are mounted on protected vehicles, offering high tactical mobility for the protection of mobile land forces.
This position will be an expatriate assignment located in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
This individual leads the system analysis team to:
* Ensure the subsystem designs meet overall system requirements.
* Conduct ETE simulation-related system level analysis and trade studies (e.g. NBC, environmental, and transportability).
* Develop and update existing Matlab and Excel tools to perform independent assessments of MFCR, LRSS, and MRS performance.
* Support the JV Requirement Team to perform flow-down analysis for TLVS specifications.
* Support the JV Simulation Team to analyze the ETE Simulation results.
* Support the JV Test Team to conduct quick-look analysis for ground and flight tests.
* Support the JV Verification Team to analyze test/simulation results and to document verification results.
* Support the JV Integration Team to evaluate the TSS-L validation results.
* Communicating plans and status to program management, senior leadership, and external customers.
* Willing to work OCONUS in Schrobenhausen, Germany.
* Must currently posses an active Secret clearance.
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field, or a related discipline 12 - 14 years of engineering experience supporting technical programs.
* Ability to support occasional travel.
Experience with the following:
* Working with/leading a multi-disciplinary design team and managing development, analysis, integration, and test activities through IPT leads or direct management.
* Technically contributing to the design, development, and implementation of the requirements, architecture, and system verification.
* Leadership experience, and experience with integrated air defense systems, sensor systems, missile systems, and Battle Management systems.
* Experience with engineering analysis tools like Matlab, MathCad, Xpatch, Excel, RADPERF, and PUMA.
* Experience through the whole life cycle of DoD product development.
* Comfortable with defining requirements and interfaces.
* Knowledge of military systems, especially missiles.
* Must be able to work with a team and individually.
* Highly organized individual who can effectively communicate with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders at all levels.
* Experience working with a multi-functional team.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment to meet an aggressive schedule.
* Self-starter who can fully engage with other personnel on the program and operate as a player/coach with little to no direct supervision.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.