Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate more efficiently and scale faster than ever before.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our product and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself and learning every day.
Our team is responsible for providing capabilities that allow customers to manage, test and deploy changes across ServiceNow instances. We develop tools, algorithms and safeguards for the upgrade engine and we're always adding new features to provide the best possible experience. This position is open is open in San Diego, CA.
What you get to do in this role
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer with the Platform Development team, you will be building the framework that allows our customers to create innovative, elegant and high performing experiences across multiple devices.
You will use your experience building modern web experiences and your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to push the boundaries of our platform.
You will also collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing platform features.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
15+ years software development experience including:
* Solid understanding of Java
* Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle
* Experience with concurrency and multi-threaded applications
It'd be even better if you have:
* Experience developing on enterprise platforms
* Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
* Experience using GIT's Source Control system
Our technology stack:
Environment & Build Environments:
Where you'll get to work
We're currently hiring in San Diego, CA and onsite perks include a modern working environment, snacks, drinks and catered happy hours. The campus also includes a fully loaded (free) gym and a discounted kitchen on-site, you won't have to travel far to work up an appetite and grab some food.
The San Diego office hosts the most Platform development teams of any ServiceNow office and is the second-largest ServiceNow office in the United States.
Why ServiceNow is a great place to work
* A stocked kitchen/café including sodas, snacks, teas and coffee
* A very generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
* An unlimited paid vacation policy that doesn't limit vacation or personal days
* A team that celebrates success with fun team activities including: Escape Rooms, barcades and more!
Pursuant to all local, state, and federal ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.